Shopping Trends 2013 : Outburst of Online Sales!
While consumers are out picking out Halloween decorations, eating candy corn and drinking pumpkin spice lattes, Online Retailers are focusing Shopping Trends for 2013 and preparing their Sales Strategies for the biggest spending time of the year.
Due to the Stress and long Queues in the malls, Shoppers are turning more and more to Shopping Online.
Shopping for 2013: There are only 25 days between Black Friday and Christmas, as compared to 31 days last year.
That means that shoppers only have 4 full weekends to shop, rather than last year’s 5.
Research firms are projecting U.S. online retail sales to be unprecedented:
- eMarketer predicts a 15.1% growth in U.S. Holiday Retail Sales.
- Deloitte LLP predicts a 12.5% to 13% increase in U.S. OnlineSales.
- according to comScore Inc., in 2012, e-retail sales grew 13.7% over the prior year to $42.3 billion!
The Holiday Season Begins Now!
Due to a shorter holiday period, retailers are starting their marketing campaigns earlier than ever, in order to not miss out on sales.
To watch out for the Shopping Trends for 2013 examine this survey just released by Experian Marketing Services:
- 18% of marketers surveyed began planning their Holiday Campaigns Starting in June;
- 69% started their Holiday Marketing campaigns in August;
- 70% of retailers have a Plan to use a Promotional Offer this holiday shopping season;
- 29% will Offer Free Shipping;
- 28% will Offer a Deal-of-the-Day;
- 21% will Offer Online Coupons;
- 3% will Offer Lay-away.
AvactisNext offers Features such as Discount Codes and Newsletter integrated with Mailchimp , So that you can send out your Holiday Marketing mails just in-time.
Digital Marketing for Avactis