Customers are the assets of every business. Sales professionals must try their level best to satisfy customers for them to come back again to their organization.
What is After Sales Service ?
After-sales service refers to various processes which make sure customers are satisfied with the products and services of the organization.
The needs and demands of the customers must be fulfilled for them to spread a positive word of mouth. In the current scenario, positive word of mouth plays an important role in promoting brands and products.
After sales service makes sure products and services meet or surpass the expectations of the customers.
After-sales service includes various activities to find out whether the customer is happy with the products or not? After sales service is a crucial aspect of sales management and must not be ignored.
Why After Sales Service ?
After sales service assumes an imperative part in consumer loyalty and client maintenance. It creates faithful clients.
Customers start believing in the brand and get associated with the organization for a longer duration. They speak good about the organization and its products.
A satisfied and happy customer brings more individuals and eventually more revenues for the organization.
After sales service plays a pivotal role in strengthening the bond between the organization and customers.
After Sales Service Techniques
- Sales Professionals need to stay in touch with the customers even after the deal. Never ignore their calls.
- Call them occasionally to trade merriments.
- Give them the necessary support. Help them install, maintain or operate a particular product. Sales professionals selling laptops must ensure windows are configured in the system and customers are able to use net without any difficulty. Similarly organizations selling mobile sim cards must ensure the number is activated immediately once the customer submits his necessary documents.
- Any product found broken or in a damaged condition must be exchanged immediately by the sales professional.
- Don’t harass the customers. Listen to their grievances and make them feel comfortable.
- Create a section in your organization’s website where the customers can register their complaints. Every organization should have a toll free number where the customers can call and discuss their queries. The customer service officers should take a prompt action on the customer’s queries. The problems must be resolved immediately.
- Take feedback of the products and services from the customers. Feedback helps the organization to know the customers better and incorporate the necessary changes for better customer satisfaction.
- Ask the customers to sign Annual Maintenance Contract (AMC) with your organization. AMC is an agreement signed between the organization and the customer where the organization promises to provide after sales services to the second party for a certain duration at nominal costs.
- The exchange policies must be transparent and in favour of the customer. The customer who comes for an exchange should be given the same treatment as was given to him when he came for the first time. Speak to him properly and suggest him the best alternative.
Here are some examples of companies who have totally nailed the eCommerce After sales Service.
A couple of weeks back, I reached Amazon subsequent to neglecting to get a bundle. Full exposure: the entire thing was absolutely my deficiency; it was my first request subsequent to moving and I neglected to overhaul my location. Still, the circumstance couldn’t have been less demanding to determine. On Amazon’s client administration page, you enter your telephone number. Not exactly a moment later, somebody calls it. Issue understood.
Client experience is a feature of client administration and Amazon’s is intended to make life as simple as would be prudent for customers, directly down to the “Purchase it Again” catches on your past requests.
2. Estée Lauder Co.
Deals China rose 9% with ecommerce deals becoming almost 80%, thanks to a limited extent to the accomplishment of Singles’ Day, when Estée Lauder Co’s. business dramatically increased versus the earlier year. On Singles’ Day, deals on its five lead locales on Tmall dramatically increased, drove by Estée Lauder and Clinique, Estée Lauder Co. President and CEO Fabrizio Freda said amid the organization’s second quarter profit call.
3. Under Armor
This business keeps on being ablaze, in the United States as well as around the globe. In China, on Singles Day this past November, Under Armor had its first $1 million income day on the web. One thing that aided Under Armor’s image name develop in China was a live visit with NBA star Stephen Curry to advance the dispatch of Curry Two in China six weeks in front of its U.S. dispatch, said CEO Kevin Plank amid Under Armor’s final quarter profit call.
In the retail world, Nordstrom is very much respected for its client administration. Taking a gander at the brand’s Twitter channel, it’s anything but difficult to see why. All tweets, whether positive or negative, appear to get expeditious reactions in the sort of conversational dialect that truly makes you think they were composed by a genuine human.
Instead of basically say the thing wasn’t accessible, Nordstrom volunteers a comparative thing, taking the onus off the client to discover a substitution themselves.
Going past social, the retailer’s site additionally has a Live Chat highlights with a few alternatives, contingent upon what you have to examine.
5. The Hershey’s Company
While little, Hershey president and CEO John Bilbrey said suring his organization’s final quarter income call that its ecommerce business in China is a brilliant spot. In the final quarter, Hershey’s ecommerce business developed increasingly that 75%, driven by strong China singles day execution. For the year, Bilbrey said its China chocolate ecommerce retail takeaway outpaced the classification.
Nike Brand president Trevor Edwards said Greater China had an astounding second quarter, with income development of 28%. Nike additionally saw a proceeded with solid development from its own direct to client business, which Edwards said was up 51% in the quarter, powered to a limited extent by Nike’s best Singles Day occasion ever.
7. Costco Wholesale
Costco offers a little more than 200 SKUs on Tmall, with an overwhelming accentuation on Kirkland Signature things. Amid the organization’s first-quarter profit call, Costco CFO Richard Galante said China is going admirably, and theat they are positively assembling some acknowledgment for the Costco Kirkland Signature brand name. Costco had an exceptionally effective Singles’ Day on Tmall, getting more than 300,000 requests.
8. Abercrombie and Fitch
With respect to ecommerce, all in all, Abercrombie and Fitch CEO Jonathan Ramsden said the organization keeps on seeing solid development in China, where it by and by did exceptionally well on Singles’ Day, producing about $2 million in deals. A year into its limitation endeavors there, Ramsden said amid the organization’s second from last quarter income call that the organization is satisfied with the arrival on its speculations driven by both expanded activity and change. Looking forward, Abercrombie and Fitch will include versatile upgrades in China in 2016 mirroring the officially solid portable infiltration in the business sector.