3 replies to this topic

#1 Reller Inc

Reller Inc

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:35 AM

I installed the shopping cart on a test server, then moved it to a new domain. Everything appears to be in working order so far. The only trouble I have had is enabling the HTTPS. When I try to enable the HTTPS for the Entire Storefront I receive the following error: FATAL Core Error Error Code Error SourceCORE_044 Message: modApiFunc: Method 'closeChild_UpdateTop' not found in class 'application' - unable to execute it. How do I correct this? edit: I've noticed also that this has affected my cms pages. When I click on a CMS link, for example About Us, the url is: notmywebsite.com/store/index.php?CZSESSID=o6kufv3u8jhaa7pifke63v8d01/page_id=3 When I go back into the HTTPS and deselect the settings so that HTTPS is off, the CMS pages work fine and appear as: notmywebsite.com/store/cmspage.php?page_id=3 So far I have uninstalled the shopping cart, deleted the database, and started from scratch. Unfortunately I still have these issues even with only the sample data and themes installed. At first I thought it may have been an issue with switching from one domain to another, but now I see that this is an internal bug that I have not encountered before. Please help!

#2 DonH

DonH

Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:19 PM

In the Admin>Tools>HTTPS Settings you should have www.notmywebsite.com/store/ in the box. I want to forget to put the trailing "/" in the address. If that is correct, then you want to make sure that an SSL cert is installed for that address. I usually get a dedicated IP address and install a cert that is specifically registered to the site. That avoids any certificate mismatch warnings that could scare off potential customers. However, that doesn't seem to be your problem. The change from HTTP to HTTPS should not affect the CMS pages. However, TinyMCE, the WYSIWYG editor for the CMS module, will sometimes use a php function to determine the full root address of a page/element/etc when it writes the page to the database. That means that you may have broken links when you move servers as the database may contain the addresses from the test server.

#3 Reller Inc

Reller Inc

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:19 AM

Thanks for the response Don.

In the Admin>Tools>The change from HTTP to HTTPS should not affect the CMS pages. However, TinyMCE, the WYSIWYG editor for the CMS module, will sometimes use a php function to determine the full root address of a page/element/etc when it writes the page to the database. That means that you may have broken links when you move servers as the database may contain the addresses from the test server.

Unfortunately it does not seem that simple. I cleared off the entire database and shopping cart to start fresh. With a fresh install I had the same results with the sample data and templates. I've dropped a note into Support. Hopefully they will be able to figure it out. We're hoping to launch the store by Saturday.

Lana from Support was a huge help! I'm not sure what all was done, because I had given FTP access. I'm just glad that everything is in working order now. :)

#4 DonH

DonH

Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:16 PM

You seem knowledgeable, so it wouldn't hurt to ask what was done. Over the years, I have changed servers and it's handy to know what to watch out for.