5 replies to this topic

#1 Midori

Midori

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:28 PM

I'm having a problem. Some of my return customers are saying that they are unable to complete their order. I'm getting some orders on my site, but fewer than normal. I just tried processing an order on my site, and I get the following error message on the Complete Your Order page where you enter your credit card info: "Unfortunately we could not process your credit card. Please make sure that you have entered the card details correctly." All of the credit card details are correct. Has anyone else run into this problem? Thanks in advance! -Midori LiveCart v. 1.4.0.2

#2 DonH

DonH

Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:00 PM

Which CC processor are you using?

#3 Midori

Midori

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:11 AM

Which CC processor are you using?

I'm using manual processing, so that's not the problem.

#4 DonH

DonH

Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:24 PM

I, too, use manual processing. I've never seen the error that you did. I guess you have to start with what has changed between when you were getting the normal number of order and when they declined. Program update? A change on the server side? Is Credit Card still showing a green Active state? Are the transactions that do come through using the same card type as you used when you had the error? With so many things to consider, I would troubleshoot as best as you can but then put in a ticket with temporary ftp credentials so that tech support can see what they can find.

#5 Midori

Midori

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:03 AM

The problem arose after I had Rinalds update my cart with the newest version. I've tried to contact him for support, but I haven't heard back yet. What's a "green active state"? The credit cards coming through are all different types from return and new customers. However, I'm still getting the error when I try to place an order. :( Thanks!

#6 DonH

DonH

Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:20 PM

When you see a green Active, it is merely visually telling you that the payment module was activated with no errors. It sounds like one of the files was corrupted in the update. Since you paid someone to update your cart, they should be responsible for correcting the error. If it takes too long to get a response, you may need to pay for Avactis tech support to troubleshoot. It should be straightforward if you know where to look.