3 replies to this topic

#1 Reller Inc

Reller Inc

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:03 AM

We are using 2.1.1 for our shopping cart. In Page Manager > index.php > center_column there is a block called "Carousel Product Set". When viewing our storefront with this block set in place nothing appears. I've read that this was a functional feature in the 2.0 shopping cart. Is there a way to get this to work in 2.1.1? If so, where do I edit it? Can we select which products we want in the Carousel?

#2 DonH

DonH

Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:39 PM

It is easiest if you install the cart with the sample data, because the Hot Deals Category is created. Follow the directions in the knowledgebase article:
http://support.avact...n...3&nav=0,1,2
If you didn't install the sample data, you then have to create a new category and set its number to display in the carousel. Search the forum for "carousel" and you should find directions.

#3 Reller Inc

Reller Inc

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:28 AM

Thank you. I've noticed that the Hot Deals do not cycle through on their own. I have to manually click the arrow to see the next image/product. Is there a way for it to cycle through when the page is loaded?

#4 DonH

DonH

Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:58 AM

That is not a current feature. There are js scripts to will auto-index a carousel at a specified time interval. Google "js carousel auto-play".