2 replies to this topic

#1 Pradhan

Pradhan

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:39 AM

Hi and thanks for being here. I have a question as to the general process for getting a store up and running. I have installed successfully the avactis store with demo data, and I am following along the manual (which could be better!: Note to Ilya!). In general, is the process one of using the demo store and slowly replacing the content with live content? Then removing the demo content? For the catalog, should categories be created BEFORE an import file is created, or will the import file create the categories on the fly? Thanks for your help, Pradhan

#2 Lana

Lana

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:53 AM

Hi!

In general, is the process one of using the demo store and slowly replacing the content with live content? Then removing the demo content?

I think it's up to you how to change the store content. If you prefer changing the demo data to yours, follow this way. If you like creating everything from the beginning, delete the demo data first.

For the catalog, should categories be created BEFORE an import file is created, or will the import file create the categories on the fly?

The import process creates categories on fly.

#3 Pradhan

Pradhan

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:21 PM

Thank you...