• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DraumrRida

DraumrRida

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:58 PM

Hi, I'm new and evaluating Avactis for our online store. I'm hoping with the WYSWIG CSS editor that this software will be a lot easier to maintain than our current shopping cart software. I've downloaded the free version and am giving it the once over. I've got the looks pretty close to what I'd like and was playing with adding categories and products. After adding a product, I went to the store to see what it looked like. Upon clicking the "details" button on the product list page, I was taken to the product info page, of course! But on that page, I saw the product was $10 more than it should have been. It took me a minute to realize that there was a "gift wrapping" option on the page, and it was pre-selected to YES. I don't want gift wrapping set up even as an option. We don't gift wrap and half our items are downloadable egoods anyway. I have searched this forum, the manual, the knowledgebase, but to no avail. There is not one mention of the gift wrapping option anywhere! Can someone direct me as to where this setting is? Thanks! Rida

#2 samo

samo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:48 AM

I also have the same problem. Could anyone kindly help. Have you been able to solve the problem DraumrRida I also have the same problem. Could anyone kindly help. Have you been able to solve the problem DraumrRida

#3 DonH

DonH

Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:44 AM

Gift Wrapping must be set up as a product option for the product/s that you are looking at. A product option can be set up for an individual product or for all products entered as a Product Type that has the option set up. I'm not sure how it is in the sample data that you are looking at. To look at Product Types, select the Catalog tab from the main admin window. Then Manage Product Types and finally select one of the types listed. On the page that comes up click the Product Options button in the blue strip across the top of the page. For each individual product, select Manage Products under Quick Links in the left column of an admin page. Browse Categories and select the product in question. In the popup select the Options tab and add or edit as needed.

#4 DraumrRida

DraumrRida

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:07 PM

Samo, if I recall correctly, the gift wrapping was a product option. I can't remember if the issue for me was that the free download version of the shopping cart did not allow product options, and therefore I could not delete the option. I'm pretty sure once we bought the full version, I was able to delete the gift wrapping option altogether, which solved the problem. Unfortunately, in the free version, there was no way to resolve this issue. I have no idea why. If this doesn't work, let me know. It's been a little while since I set up the store, so I'm going on my memory only. Good luck. -Rida

#5 samo

samo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:15 PM

Thanks Rida, I use the free version and I am sure that's why there is a problem. Thanks once again