The Ultimate Google Base Exporter Fix

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Ilya Vassilevsky_*

Guest_Ilya Vassilevsky_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:18 PM

Here's a combined patch containing all the fixes made to Google Base exporter since the last Avactis release (version 2.1 build 10169).

It includes the smaller patches previously posted here. It is safe to overwrite your build 10169 system files with these.

Attached Files

#2 Guest_Ilya Vassilevsky_*

Guest_Ilya Vassilevsky_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2011 - 12:34 PM

Wow, thanks Jenny! We'll be improving Avactis' Google Base exporter to correspond to the new rules. They ain't letting you live quietly, are they? :lol:

#3 Guest_Ilya Vassilevsky_*

Guest_Ilya Vassilevsky_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2011 - 05:34 AM

Avactis 2.1.2 will support the new fields. No ETA as of now.

#4 phil4v19

phil4v19

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:59 AM

Hi Ilya the deadline for these new feeds is this weekend so was wondering if you have the update yet

Thanks very much for all your hard work so far

#5 Bmer7

Bmer7

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:03 AM

Hi Ilya,

please also see http://www.avactis.c...amp;#entry17917

It may be a quick interim solution using two spreadsheets from the normal Export CSV and Google Base CSV files, just missing 'manufacturer' to make a fully useable feed. Sort by ID, Line em up, and cut and paste and you've got a feed (just watch any offline items as these are in the normal export but not the Google Base export).

Thanks

Brad

Hi Ilya the deadline for these new feeds is this weekend so was wondering if you have the update yet

#6 phil4v19

phil4v19

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:55 PM

The google base feeds hasd 3 missing fields not one and its too messy and time consuming to cut and paste.

We really need the feed.

Hi Ilya,

please also see http://www.avactis.c...amp;#entry17917

It may be a quick interim solution using two spreadsheets from the normal Export CSV and Google Base CSV files, just missing 'manufacturer' to make a fully useable feed. Sort by ID, Line em up, and cut and paste and you've got a feed (just watch any offline items as these are in the normal export but not the Google Base export).

Thanks

Brad

#7 Guest_Ilya Vassilevsky_*

Guest_Ilya Vassilevsky_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2011 - 07:07 PM

1) The format of this feed is called "Google Base" from April 18, 2007. Details

2) Avactis 2.1.1 has a Google Base exporter that exports a feed that fully conforms to the new requirements. You can download the installer right now. The update script is coming soon.

3) If your store has been customized and modified files block the update, the update script will provide you with a list of such files and will allow you to resolve the conflicts right in place. Also, all updating is done in a temporary directory and changes are only applied to the live store if everything is alright.

Edited by Ilya Vassilevsky, 18 July 2011 - 04:00 PM.
Update script behavior has changed in 2.1.1

#8 Guest_Ilya Vassilevsky_*

Guest_Ilya Vassilevsky_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2011 - 10:47 AM

Are you kidding? You're not new, you're a PRO user already :lol: Fear not: we have a record of all customizations so after the auto-update erases all custom code we can re-apply them all. For a much smaller fee than they originally cost.

#9 phil4v19

phil4v19

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 11:23 AM

But I do feel fear... I really do. I have a number of paid mods, a number of smaller mods paid from my credits and also a number of errors I found that were fixed on my cart. I have it just so, apart from the Google Base feed, and really don't want it all messed up. You did a patch for me once to fix my store profile address. Then a recent paid for mod was done and they over wrote that patch you did me... so this is why I am afraid. It makes me nervous when things like that get overwritten.

Aye well... if pro means accumulating a record number of support tickets then I am that I suppose, lol. I was with my old cart 5 years so still consider myself a newbie here, and this is my first experience of an Avactis upgrade.

IDK (learnt that one from you, lol)... I think I only want the change to the Google Base (yes, I preferred Froogle... fab name :P ) but looking at the change log I can't tell if anything else on that list is essential or even recommended. IMO a guide on the change log as to what is essential and what can be left would be helpful. But now I digress.

15 July

Did you all get the latest Googe Base notification this week... more changes :blink:

Suggestion:

How about performing fresh install 2.1.1 in a different directory and creating a copy of your existing database to be used by the new version. You can then access the new version pf avactis and prodice a google product feed without worrying about altering your existing live site.

In fact I think I will do it that way as from previous experience I dont trust the update process to be problem free either.

Phil

#10 Guest_Ilya Vassilevsky_*

Guest_Ilya Vassilevsky_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:22 AM

The new update to version 2.1.1 is not like all the previous ones. It works differently. It kinda allows fine-tuning of the upgrade process. So it makes even updates of modified stores possible. It is almost ready, and we'll start updating the stores, owners of which purchased the update service, very soon.

#11 DonH

DonH

Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • Next 4.7.3

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:12 AM

Not sure if Avactis allows for that info or not... but I haven't seen anywhere to put upc and ean numbers, so I assume not?

UPC and EAN numbers are available inputs in 2.1.1. But, since those are new database fields, hooking up to your existing database will not give those to you.

#12 DonH

DonH

Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • Next 4.7.3

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:47 AM

No, I haven't tried out the feed, yet. I've decided to go through my entire custom theme to bring everything up to date. I created it several versions ago. Though it still works, I want to take full advantage of the 2.1.1 refinements.

#13 Guest_Ilya Vassilevsky_*

Guest_Ilya Vassilevsky_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:19 PM

New product attributes do not require new database columns. All attributes are stored as text, in a single column. That makes it possible to create unlimited custom attributes as well.

But that doesn't make the idea of pointing Avactis 2.1.1 to database 2.1.0 or older version less horrible. They must absolutely match. Only the official update can do that.

We will announce general availability of 2.1.1 update in our news, so stay tuned.

#14 stevrons

stevrons

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:16 AM

Is there an updated gfeed.php file yet for this? Has anyone created one? Exporting a Google Feed from Avactis is not ideal, you have to do it everytime you add new products, a FEED is needed so that Google can look for the new products automatically. The old feed worked great, but is lacking the new Google requirements

#15 Guest_Ilya Vassilevsky_*

Guest_Ilya Vassilevsky_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:34 AM

I wrote this script just for fun, as an experiment, it has never been a part of the official application. I kinda hoped the community would pick it up and improve as time goes... We might include it in some future version of Avactis but nothing is certain about it. Sorry, but at the moment, I don't have any spare time to improve the script. Further improvements would require more time as it's necessary to break in more related tables...

#16 stevrons

stevrons

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:26 PM

I wrote this script just for fun, as an experiment, it has never been a part of the official application. I kinda hoped the community would pick it up and improve as time goes... We might include it in some future version of Avactis but nothing is certain about it. Sorry, but at the moment, I don't have any spare time to improve the script. Further improvements would require more time as it's necessary to break in more related tables...

Actually after posting my question and then looking at the new Google Merchant requirements (google product type, mpn number, etc), it's pretty easy to add the info they need right to the gfeed.php script. My only issue now is the one I emailed you about through support, the fact that for some reason on one of my stores, the gfeed.php comes up blank when you bring it up in a browser, not on all stores, just in a couple. If we get that working I'll post the gfeed.php updated script that I'm using now, which should bring people into compliance with the new rules.

#17 Guest_Ilya Vassilevsky_*

Guest_Ilya Vassilevsky_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:35 AM

Awesome! Looking forward to that! I may as well find time for it next week or so.

#18 phil4v19

phil4v19

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:30 PM

New product attributes do not require new database columns. All attributes are stored as text, in a single column. That makes it possible to create unlimited custom attributes as well.

But that doesn't make the idea of pointing Avactis 2.1.1 to database 2.1.0 or older version less horrible. They must absolutely match. Only the official update can do that.

We will announce general availability of 2.1.1 update in our news, so stay tuned.

I am using 2.1 and the google feed (without the extras fields) was working fine initially. now it just hangs in fact so does the product import so I cant even import products
I have changed to faster hosting too but this has made no difference. it's a problem with the cart - it seems too unstable. Any suggestions?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users