4 replies to this topic

#1 Loren McDonald

Loren McDonald

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 11:23 AM

I realize the (easiest) answer to this is probably going to be to contact support but could anyone comment on the difficulties of modifying an existing payment module or creating one from scratch? I'm a decent PHP programmer and I'm sure I could eventually build the payment module from scratch but I don't have a whole lot of time to experiment. We currently do manual Credit Card processing with the company "Heartland" and are now contemplating utilizing their "Web Connect" credit card processing. There is no back end API: the customer is redirected to a customized page on the Heartland site for credit card entry and processing, after which they are sent back to a specified store page so the store can complete the order. Obviously some info (like transaction amount and success/failure codes) is transferred to and from Heartland in the process.

#2 mfive

mfive

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:06 PM

I realize the (easiest) answer to this is probably going to be to contact support but could anyone comment on the difficulties of modifying an existing payment module or creating one from scratch? I'm a decent PHP programmer and I'm sure I could eventually build the payment module from scratch but I don't have a whole lot of time to experiment.

We currently do manual Credit Card processing with the company "Heartland" and are now contemplating utilizing their "Web Connect" credit card processing. There is no back end API: the customer is redirected to a customized page on the Heartland site for credit card entry and processing, after which they are sent back to a specified store page so the store can complete the order. Obviously some info (like transaction amount and success/failure codes) is transferred to and from Heartland in the process.

Sounds like it should be an easy implementation......... provided some day we get documentation on the architecture of Avactis and guidelines for how to develop modules ourself. :-/

#3 NaTaS

NaTaS

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:53 PM

I realize the (easiest) answer to this is probably going to be to contact support but could anyone comment on the difficulties of modifying an existing payment module or creating one from scratch? I'm a decent PHP programmer and I'm sure I could eventually build the payment module from scratch but I don't have a whole lot of time to experiment.

We currently do manual Credit Card processing with the company "Heartland" and are now contemplating utilizing their "Web Connect" credit card processing. There is no back end API: the customer is redirected to a customized page on the Heartland site for credit card entry and processing, after which they are sent back to a specified store page so the store can complete the order. Obviously some info (like transaction amount and success/failure codes) is transferred to and from Heartland in the process.

Sounds like it should be an easy implementation......... provided some day we get documentation on the architecture of Avactis and guidelines for how to develop modules ourself. :-/

Thats kind of the same boat I am in.. The payflow pro module works with my one mod so that it will talk with the gateway but it does a full transaction which I need it to actually place a hold on the card as with the CC regulations I can not collect the funds until we ship the product. Documentation would be very helpful..

#4 Loren McDonald

Loren McDonald

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 09:23 AM

Thats kind of the same boat I am in.. The payflow pro module works with my one mod so that it will talk with the gateway but it does a full transaction which I need it to actually place a hold on the card as with the CC regulations I can not collect the funds until we ship the product. Documentation would be very helpful..

The cost to create this module is a bit steeper than I anticipated (over $600) but considering the lack of documentation, the time needed for research, programming and testing, it would end up costing a lot more for me to try doing it. With documentation, it could possibly have been worth it. It has been suggested we just use a different company for which a module already exists but in the long run that won't be very cost effective. So for now it sits on hold while a few people are on vacation. *sigh*

#5 mfive

mfive

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 09:26 AM

It's a shame that Avactis pushes people away like this. I think the intent is to funnel people like yourself into support so they can keep revenue flowing, but in the end all they are doing is hurting themselves. I don't think I'll ever do another Avactis installation solely because of their operating model. They told me a year and a half ago that good documentation would be available with version 2.0 which came out in what... November?? Whatever... I lost all hope.