21 replies to this topic

#1 ava2011

ava2011

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:37 PM

I inquired about Avactis 2.0 being too slow and I was told that there will be a new version with optimized performance. I don't see anything mentioned in this forum. Any ideas when this will happen ?

#2 wbd

wbd

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 04:33 AM

I see v2.1.0 is available for download - seems strange that there has been no announcement regarding this? Can someone from Avactis please post the change log or release notes for v2.1.0 (or point us to where to see them) so we can see what changes have been made compared with v2.0.0, thank you.

#3 DonH

DonH

Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:12 PM

I didn't realize that the fresh download was 2.1 until I saw strange things after pointing to an existing database. I found out (the hard way) that the 2.1 database is not compatible with 2.0. I'm sure there will be a conversion program, but, currently there is not one.

#4 DonH

DonH

Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:12 PM

I didn't realize that the fresh download was 2.1 until I saw strange things after pointing to an existing database. I found out (the hard way) that the 2.1 database is not compatible with 2.0. I'm sure there will be a conversion program, but, currently there is not one.

#5 responder

responder

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 05:27 PM

So apart from speed issues, what else has changed in 2.1 [compared to 2.0] ? We haven't noticed any lag with our site but would welcome small changes [e.g. shipping zones, confirmation of T&Cs before checkout etc.]

#6 ava2011

ava2011

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:06 AM

I just looked at the online demo and it's version 2.1.0. I just gave a quick look and noticed a couple of changes to in the Admin area. Drop down menu for store settings and admin. I seen two new options for Advanced setting and configuration. Send to a friend. Last viewed products. I'm surprised that no announcement has been given.

#7 responder

responder

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 05:55 AM

Yes, weird as to why no announcements were made. I've learned over the years that unless you have to [e.g. for security reasons], a working cart shouldn't be updated for the sake of having the 'latest' version. I haven't seen 2.1 but dropdown menus etc. don't warrant an upgrade for us. Saying that, I can really do with add-ons such as shipping zones, pre-order etc.

#8 wbd

wbd

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:05 AM

unless you have to [e.g. for security reasons], a working cart shouldn't be updated for the sake of having the 'latest' version.

True - I still have an Avactis cart running quite happily at v1.8.3 (tried the upgrade to v1.9.0 but never could get that to work, so left it at v1.8.3)

I can really do with add-ons such as shipping zones

I've just hit the "lack of shipping zones" issue today... :angry:
Am about to submit a support request for a quote on some custom coding to include shipping zones.
My particular issue is that the courier ships to various zones within each state and those zones have different rates (metro vs country, etc.).
But Avactis only supports shipping rates down to the state level - I need to get more granular than that (ie. any number of zones within a state).

#9 responder

responder

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:31 AM

It took me a 1 full day to setup shipping in Avactis..!! What gets me is how such a basic feature was left out in the first place! With so many advanced features not found in other carts, I think the team simply forgot to include this. Great cart nevertheless

#10 Oleg

Oleg

Avactis Team Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:30 AM

Yes, weird as to why no announcements were made. I've learned over the years that unless you have to [e.g. for security reasons], a working cart shouldn't be updated for the sake of having the 'latest' version. I haven't seen 2.1 but dropdown menus etc. don't warrant an upgrade for us. Saying that, I can really do with add-ons such as shipping zones, pre-order etc.

Please refer to this thread for change log & improvements list: Avactis 2.1 Released!, What's New in Avactis 2.1

http://www.avactis.c...amp;#entry16896

#11 ava2011

ava2011

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:58 AM

Beware update utility has bugs. Update at your own risk. It will cost you money if you encounter problems. If you have no problems with 2.0 don't update. Better to do a fresh install of 2.1

#12 Oleg

Oleg

Avactis Team Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 07:17 AM

Ava2011, please contact me directly if you have any issues or questions regarding upgrade.

#13 jannypan

jannypan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:07 AM

Can someone from Avactis please post the change log or release notes for v2.1.0 (or point us to where to see them) so we can see what changes have been made compared with v2.0.0, thank you. Tera Gold Cheap
Rift Gold
Tera Items

#14 DonH

DonH

Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:04 AM

Can someone from Avactis please post the change log or release notes for v2.1.0 (or point us to where to see them) so we can see what changes have been made compared with v2.0.0, thank you. Tera Gold Cheap
Rift Gold
Tera Items

Avactis announced the release of v2.1.1 on their blog. It has a link to the changelog:
http://www.avactis.c...ws_june_23_2011

#15 Kenso

Kenso

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 02:38 AM

Rift Gold
Tera Items

Avactis announced the release of on their blog. It has a link to the changelog:
http://www.avactis.c...ws_june_23_2011

When will this v2.1.1 upgrade be available?

#16 DonH

DonH

Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 01:16 PM

I don't know about the upgrade installer, it usually trails the complete installer by several weeks. If you want to work with a clean install of 2.1.1, you can get the download link by filling out the form at https://www.avactis....ort.php?dl=inst . Choose that you are an existing customer wanting the installer for 2.1.1. Be very aware though that this will overwrite any existing files and database, so take care.

#17 Kenso

Kenso

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 05:50 PM

I don't know about the upgrade installer, it usually trails the complete installer by several weeks. If you want to work with a clean install of 2.1.1, you can get the download link by filling out the form at https://www.avactis....ort.php?dl=inst . Choose that you are an existing customer wanting the installer for 2.1.1. Be very aware though that this will overwrite any existing files and database, so take care.

Thanks Don, I think I will wait for the update! Had enough stress lately!

#18 DonH

DonH

Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:43 PM

I wanted to bring my custom theme up to date. There are a number of fixes made to several templates. I want to make sure those get carried over to my custom templates. Better to work with it on my local test server where I can experiment without worry. Beyond Compare has become a great friend making it relatively easy to compare the 2.1.1 files to my existing site's files. The more I work with the files, the easier it is for me to understand the changes and how they will impact the site design.

#19 Astiluv

Astiluv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:55 AM

I wanted to bring my custom theme up to date. There are a number of fixes made to several templates. I want to make sure those get carried over to my custom templates. Better to work with it on my local test server where I can experiment without worry. Beyond Compare has become a great friend making it relatively easy to compare the 2.1.1 files to my existing site's files. The more I work with the files, the easier it is for me to understand the changes and how they will impact the site design.

Is there any one try the latest version..i'm very comfort with my version and still haven't decide to upgrade it

#20 DonH

DonH

Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 06:43 PM

I'm currently using 2.1.1. I think it is extremely important to update any software that faces the internet. The sophistication of the attacks on database based sites in general and e-commerce sites in particular, make it essential to keep up to date.