• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jayhawk

Jayhawk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:35 PM

I am currently using oscommerce. I have downloaded the free version into a seperate folder on my website and installed the shop. Issues I have: Runs very slow Cannot change avactis logo to mine anywhere Can you really edit on of the 4-5 themes that come with it. Example would be gettng rid of the beach chair in the header? I really like what Avactis syas it can od, but I cannot seem to do it. Thanks for your help.

#2 Oleg

Oleg

Avactis Team Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 07:55 AM

I am currently using oscommerce. I have downloaded the free version into a seperate folder on my website and installed the shop.

Issues I have:

Runs very slow
Cannot change avactis logo to mine anywhere
Can you really edit on of the 4-5 themes that come with it. Example would be gettng rid of the beach chair in the header?

I really like what Avactis syas it can od, but I cannot seem to do it.

Thanks for your help.

You can modify banner image of the Sea theme here: avactis-themes/sea/images/header.jpg

All images stored in the /sea/theme, including theme logo: /sea/images/logo.png

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact our support team: https://www.avactis.com/support.php

#3 Shelly

Shelly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 09:27 PM

I'm having the same difficulty. Is this a function of the free preview, that you can't change the Avactis logo? I went to the sea themes header as Oleg indicated, and the Avactis logo does not appear on the .jpg graphic in the folder. No matter which theme I choose, or where I go in the css editor, or in the page manager, the logo is there. If I replace the header graphic with my own, the Avactis logo covers it. Will it go away when (if) I purchase the software? P.S. Rock Chalk!

#4 DonH

DonH

Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 05:14 PM

No, it is not a function of demo vs paid. The various themes demonstrate different ways of accomplishing layout variations. In Sea, there is a background image with the Avactis logo placed over it. The easiest way to deal with it is launching the CSS editor from Look & Feel. Hover over the logo and you'll see a light gray box around it. Click the logo and the box turns to a dark gray. Click Logo in the left column and you can edit the properties, including replacing the image with your own.

#5 Original Cin

Original Cin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 08:44 PM

No, it is not a function of demo vs paid. The various themes demonstrate different ways of accomplishing layout variations. In Sea, there is a background image with the Avactis logo placed over it. The easiest way to deal with it is launching the CSS editor from Look & Feel. Hover over the logo and you'll see a light gray box around it. Click the logo and the box turns to a dark gray. Click Logo in the left column and you can edit the properties, including replacing the image with your own.

I am also a new user and have run into the same issue. From what I can tell is that when I upload a new logo associated with the "green theme" it goes into the main images directory instead of the upload directory (which is where the CSS editor tells me it is located). So as a work-around I just manually FTPed the file into the upload directory and it worked.

Cindy