#1 Linda

Linda

Avactis Integrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 02:45 AM

Hi Everyone,

I am sorry I have been so busy ... this was intended over a week ago ... at least it is here now.

You can go to my demo site and read what I have done ... it is detailed on the index page.
http://www.webclass-...cart-demo/test/

There is something wrong with the navigation but I do not have the time right now to track it down ... I figured something was better than nothing at all since Candi needs an idea right now :)

This is what I have done.
Pulled all images out of their original spots and placed them in 2 directories (easier to access for change) The main site images in the main "test" folder and the buttons in the "test-templates" images folder. If you move these images DO NOT FORGET you must change the path to them in each of the templates. I DID NOT change the names of the original buttons nor the sizes on this sample.
Pulled all style out of system templates and placed them on one stylesheet for easy change.
The navigation is inline because you already have a different sample in the default flowers.
You will find the javascript pop up is lightbox 2.0 (for those of you who want to keep it go there for instructions on how to manage it ... pretty cool little script) ... I am certain there are remains of the old script in my files but since I do not know anything about what makes that stuff work I was afraid to take to much out since I did not want to break something else in the behind the scenes code.

What is neat about this basic css and the stripped templates is you can simply drop the avactis tags into your design and you are set to go.

I HAVE NOT fooled with the default system codes AT ALL ... I have not yet found a need to do that. There is something that would be helpful and that is the highlight on the search form ... Alex told me how to do it but so far I have not wanted to make that change.

I would suggest that function be brought into the design area rather than one of the system files.

This is pretty basic ... I used dark colors only because flowers is light and I already had these buttons from another design.

Everything is in the zip.
2 directories
test
test-templates

Of course they could be named anything as long as the ini files are changed to accommodate the new names.

If you want to play with them in your own cart you only change the:
init.php
test-layout.ini
to point to your own site .. they will exist side by side with flowers and even adopt your flowers inventory.

This is only an example of how I did this and what you can do too.
The method can certainly be improved upon and it would be nice if everyone shares their ideas so we all benefit.

I will not be making changes or corrections to this file ... since you all can do that yourselves ;)
If you have questions ... please post them here and I will keep an eye out for them.
Download

Have fun!

Linda
I can't is an excuse for mediocrity.

#2 Avactis Team

Avactis Team

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 06:32 AM

Linda,

Thank you very much for the design and download link for the templates.

Best Regards,
Steve Irwin
Avactis Shopping Cart Team

#3 Pangdene

Pangdene

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 06:11 PM

Hi Linda, thank you for documenting this - you said you would! B) Just got to put some time aside to play now.... P :)

#4 Linda

Linda

Avactis Integrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 07:21 PM

Hi Steve and P, You are welcome. Time ... in short supply these days :) Linda
I can't is an excuse for mediocrity.