• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 sithum

sithum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:48 AM

Hello friends, I am a graphic designer who is interested in learning (X)HTML + CSS to expand my knowledge in the web design development industry. Has anyone else started to learn it, or is already at an advance level? Would this be an advantage to do this? It seems to me that could be a great opportunity to blend in the skills of (development and graphics) into 1. Taking on board this is a good objective, would I be able to learn lots from using Lynda 1.HTML + 2. CSS tutorials. I would like to hear some feedback from people who have learned coding, what litterature/tutorial sources did you use for your learning curve, how long did it take you (I know; how long is a piece of string. lol) to at least get a very good grasp of coding in general or simply how long did it take you to master it. Any help, guidance would be really appreciated. Thanks,

#2 Oleg

Oleg

Avactis Team Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:16 AM

I would like to hear some feedback from people who have learned coding, what litterature/tutorial sources did you use

I can recommend these 2 resources:

Avactis Shopping Cart manual:
http://www.avactis.com/manuals.php

Great HTML tutorial:
http://www.w3schools.com/html/

#3 mfive

mfive

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:11 PM

Lynda.com is an awesome resource and I would strongly advise that you learn HTML/CSS. If you can build out your designs, you will become a MUCH stronger graphic designer. Try Lynda's videos, but make sure you follow along and go hands-on. You should be able to find some good resources at your local library as well.

#4 jonm

jonm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:01 AM

To learn graphic design you can refer 'graphicdesign.about.com' but W3 School is the best, also you can refer wikipedia but till you practiced it practically wont get perfection..in w3 school they also given trial designing how they create so will get easy to learn.

#5 Microjobster

Microjobster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:42 PM

I really like lynda.com series. Maybe because video is working much better for me than text with graphics.

#6 LogoDesignExpert

LogoDesignExpert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:04 PM

I'm also a graphic designer who learned html / css through w3schools.com, even tutorials of about.com and lynda.com are also good. but to gain much practical knowledge of the subject you need to analyze code of various sites/templates ( there are lot of free css templates available on the net). This will give you an idea how to practically implement code that you learnt. <moderator removed link to poster's website>

#7 Jefft

Jefft

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

w3schools is a good choice so is lynda.com you can even try others like net tuts plus <moderator removed link to poster's website>

#8 dorothyshore

dorothyshore

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:16 AM

Its great that you are getting serious into this industry, <moderator removed irrelevant link> are increasing as there is lot of demand. I am also a website designer and I have been in this field since 7 years and have gained a lot of knowledge. If you want to learn online then Lynda online tutor is the best, even I use them for refreshing my knowledge.

#9 thenetcollab

thenetcollab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:49 AM

Hi,

I am also a graphic designer. I have also learnt html and css for web designing.

I stricly Follow W3schools.com (one of the best websites) or go for codecademy.com.

Thanks

Justin

Logos Designing Company

**Moderator's note** The OP was August of 2010 and hasn't posted a followup since, so, I assume that the primary reason for posting is to get the link (removed) in the forum.