3 replies to this topic

#1 vasu18

vasu18

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:27 PM

From last month I am facing some problem with my website. Some one is writting many fake reviews with some bad words and many fake urls in my store products. This reviews showing different computer ip address. I have to delete all those fake reviews every day from my store and now it's kind of a headache for me. Is there any solution for this??

#2 mfive

mfive

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:01 PM

What about using htaccess to block their IP altogether!?

Check out this link for information:
http://blamcast.net/...ban-ip-htaccess

#3 Technology Ideas

Technology Ideas

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:55 PM

From last month I am facing some problem with my website. Some one is writting many fake reviews with some bad words and many fake urls in my store products. This reviews showing different computer ip address. I have to delete all those fake reviews every day from my store and now it's kind of a headache for me. Is there any solution for this??

The only things you can do are either put a CAPTCHA in when posting (you need to understand programming to do this), and/or change the settings on Reviews. Look under Admin>Advanced Settings & Configuration>Customer Reviews and change to Registered Users Only and change Approve before posting to All Reviews.

Blocking IP addresses is not really going to help if there are many of them as you stated. People who do this simply change their IP address via script because of people blocking them.

#4 Ilya Vassilevsky

Ilya Vassilevsky

Avactis Support

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:20 AM

We could add some filter to your store that would stop bad reviews, for a modest fee. But we should know what is the pattern of these reviews. Something common about them. Please write us.