6 replies to this topic

#1 Kelly Ward

Kelly Ward

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:40 PM

I was just informed by a potential customer that when they add products to their cart, it then takes them to view their shopping cart. But it says "No Items in Shopping Cart". He tried adding different products and different quantities but it still shows no products in his cart. Upon further testing we found out that this only happens if he uses the AOL browser. If he uses Internet Explorer, the problem doesn't exist. I'm concerned that other AOL users may be experiencing the same problem. Does anyone know of a fix for this? (FYI - He is using AOL 9.0 VR with VISTA SERVICE PACK 2 and its associated browser)

#2 Mama Duck

Mama Duck

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:10 AM

Does he have cookies enabled? Our clients that do not have cookies have this issue, we changed the default error message to ask them to enable them and that seemed to help.

#3 Kelly Ward

Kelly Ward

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 10:08 AM

That's a great idea about changing the error message that displays. What did you change yours to say? And do you remember how you went about changing that message?

#4 Mama Duck

Mama Duck

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 10:18 AM

In that case, you can edit shopping-cart-container-empty to toss the error message directly from there rather than calling it from the database, or you can change the error message in the database table (asc_resource_labels) if you don't want to pull the call out. For instance:

<div class="product_list_items empty">Your proof request cart does not contain any designs. Please add your chosen design to your cart before continuing. <br/><br/>Please enable cookies, java &amp; javascript in your browser if you encounter difficulty with adding your design. <br/><br/>Still having trouble? Please contact <a href="mailto:xxxxx">Customer Service</a>. Thanks!</div>

--
We also have a note from Customer Service with links for clients if you want to go further -

To enable cookies, please use your help option or use instructions given here:

http://www.google.co...mp;answer=61416

You may also need to enable java, and you may find these instructions useful as well:

http://www.java.com/...ble_browser.xml

One other consideration is that your workplace may be blocking you from proceeding with the request process. etc etc.
--

#5 Kelly Ward

Kelly Ward

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:06 PM

Thank you for the great info! Have you noticed a lot of your customers having this type of problem with your shopping cart? In case others are having the same problem, the place to change the "empty cart" message is in the avactis-themes folder for your theme: /checkout/checkout-sequence/default/empty-cart-error.html

#6 Sheila

Sheila

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:27 AM

:( My customer has tried with cookies on and cookies off, but still gets the "no products in cart" error. She is in Indonesia, I have Indonesia set as a country I can accept. She has no trouble making payments through other websites in the US. What else can I try? I don't know what browser she's using, but she has a gmail address, so may be Chrome.

#7 DonH

DonH

Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

Sheila, One thing that some people don't realize is that browsers store a copy of each page visited and display that rather than displaying the page that is freshly generated by the site. When she allows cookies and then tries again, it is quite possible that the pre-cookies page is shown. She may need to clear the browser's cache. sometimes followed by a computer restart, to know if accepting cookies makes a difference. That said, most carts hold data from page to page by placing a cookie on the visitor's computer. So, that may not be the issue. When she puts something in the cart, does it show at all? In other words, does it never appear or does it disappear when she attempts to make payment? If that is the case, what payment method is she attempting?