• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Carrizo

Carrizo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:40 PM

I'm testing Avactis prior to going live and we have a problem with digital downloads. When our test customer purchases the digital download (MP3), the PayPal transaction works fine, except they are not given any download information after the purchase. I would expect the email they receive to contain a link to the file for download. Also, the file seems to main locked even after it's purchased. Doesn't the file automatically unlock when purchased, or do we have to do that manually? I think we have done everything possible inside Avactis, but apparently we're missing a crucial step. Any idea where we should be looking?

#2 Technology Ideas

Technology Ideas

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 06:56 PM

I'm testing Avactis prior to going live and we have a problem with digital downloads.

When our test customer purchases the digital download (MP3), the PayPal transaction works fine, except they are not given any download information after the purchase. I would expect the email they receive to contain a link to the file for download.

Also, the file seems to main locked even after it's purchased. Doesn't the file automatically unlock when purchased, or do we have to do that manually?

I think we have done everything possible inside Avactis, but apparently we're missing a crucial step.

Any idea where we should be looking?

You need to change the order to Fully Paid under the Orders tab. As soon as you do that, the file gets unlocked and an email with the link gets sent automatically.

#3 Carrizo

Carrizo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 05:21 PM

You need to change the order to Fully Paid under the Orders tab. As soon as you do that, the file gets unlocked and an email with the link gets sent automatically.

I was under the impression that the script automatically marked the order "fully paid" and unlocked the file after the transaction?

Does this mean that if I sell 100 downloads in a day, I have to process each one manually? :blink:

When I looked at the order, it was already marked "Fully Paid". I marked it "Ready to Ship" and the customer received an email telling him such, but still no link for the download.

#4 Technology Ideas

Technology Ideas

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 07:44 PM

I was under the impression that the script automatically marked the order "fully paid" and unlocked the file after the transaction?

Does this mean that if I sell 100 downloads in a day, I have to process each one manually? :blink:

When I looked at the order, it was already marked "Fully Paid". I marked it "Ready to Ship" and the customer received an email telling him such, but still no link for the download.

1st Question:
I'm not sure, but others might be able to help here. If you use PayPal Standard, I don't think it will automatically be Fully Paid as there are no details on a complete payment necessarily on PayPal. i.e. If they pay be direct debit. There's nothing sent by PayPal to Avactis once it's approved. Payment gateways do this as it sends through a transaction code that says its been paid. If you do that many transactions, you should probably move to a proper payment gateway system.

2nd Question:
Mark it Fully Paid and Completed. Ready to Ship does not mean it's a complete transaction.

#5 Carrizo

Carrizo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 10:20 PM

Mark it Fully Paid and Completed. Ready to Ship does not mean it's a complete transaction.

Okay, we did another test and marked it "Completed". Still, the customer does not get a URL to download the file. All they get is this...

"We thought you'd like to know that the status of your order has been changed from New Order to Completed."

I also wonder why Pentasoft has not responded to my post? Do I need to submit an official ticket?

#6 Technology Ideas

Technology Ideas

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 10:36 PM

Okay, we did another test and marked it "Completed". Still, the customer does not get a URL to download the file. All they get is this...

"We thought you'd like to know that the status of your order has been changed from New Order to Completed."

I also wonder why Pentasoft has not responded to my post? Do I need to submit an official ticket?

I can tell you that's definitely how it works in 1.9.1.8129 & 8356. Something simple is going wrong I'd say. It definitely emails a link to the file once payment is Fully Paid. Go through everything you've set up and make sure you've uploaded the file for that product.

If you can't work it out, then yes, someone needs to see what you're doing, so contact support and they can login.

#7 Carrizo

Carrizo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 10:57 PM

I can tell you that's definitely how it works in 1.9.1.8129 & 8356. Something simple is going wrong I'd say. It definitely emails a link to the file once payment is Fully Paid. Go through everything you've set up and make sure you've uploaded the file for that product.

Actually, the order is automatically marked "Fully Paid" after the customer pays using PayPal.

The file is definitely there, but it remains 'locked' even after the order is marked "Fully Paid" and "Complete".

Very frustrating as the software is useless without this feature. :(

#8 Technology Ideas

Technology Ideas

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 04:46 AM

Actually, the order is automatically marked "Fully Paid" after the customer pays using PayPal.

The file is definitely there, but it remains 'locked' even after the order is marked "Fully Paid" and "Complete".

Very frustrating as the software is useless without this feature. :(

Like I say, it definitely works, so something else is the problem:

1. Most common problem with this sort of thing, is the email going to their SPAM folder or does their ISP block it for some reason?

2. Check the link:
Go to Orders Tab then click on their order and under Product(s) Ordered, click Link Management. Does the link work when you click on it and does it say locked or unlocked and what is the expiry date? You can reset those if need be.

3. An alternative is that they can log in to their account and download it from there.

#9 wbd

wbd

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:43 AM

I'm not sure what data Avactis stores relating to the digital downloads functionality, so not sure how valid/relevant this is... but would it be worth analysing the Avactis system logs? Maybe they can help to identify the cause of the problem (or, alternatively, eliminate things from your investigation).

#10 Carrizo

Carrizo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:21 AM

1. Most common problem with this sort of thing, is the email going to their SPAM folder or does their ISP block it for some reason?

They get an email, that the status has changed, but it contains no link for the download. Perhaps they're not getting the correct email? That's the only thing I can think of.

2. Check the link:
Go to Orders Tab then click on their order and under Product(s) Ordered, click Link Management. Does the link work when you click on it and does it say locked or unlocked and what is the expiry date? You can reset those if need be.

Did that. It says "Complete", "Fully Paid" and it's unlocked. I can download it when I click on the link. But, the customer only gets an email that says their order was changed to "Complete". No link - no mention of the file they purchased.

#11 Technology Ideas

Technology Ideas

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:19 PM

They get an email, that the status has changed, but it contains no link for the download. Perhaps they're not getting the correct email? That's the only thing I can think of.

Did that. It says "Complete", "Fully Paid" and it's unlocked. I can download it when I click on the link. But, the customer only gets an email that says their order was changed to "Complete". No link - no mention of the file they purchased.

Note that the email sent with the link is separate to the one that says the payment is Fully Complete (or any others). Below is an example of one:

YOUR BUSINESS NAME. Digital Products Ordered.
YOUR BUSINESS NAME [sales@YOURDOMAIN.COM]

Dear YOUR CUSTOMERS NAME,

We have received your payment for order (#00999).
-----------------------------------------------------

To download the ordered packages, please use the following link(s):

File: YOURFILENAME.pdf
Description: YOUR FILE DESCRIPTION
Link: https://YOURDOMAIN.C...80d6eb8a0ad30c2

This link will be valid until 11 Jun 2010, 18:37. You may use this link for up to 3 downloads. After that the link will be disabled.
--------------

----------------------------------------------
YOUR BUSINESS NAME
http://www.YOURDOMAIN.COM

#12 Carrizo

Carrizo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:38 PM

Note that the email sent with the link is separate to the one that says the payment is Fully Complete (or any others).

First, let me say that I really appreciate your help with this. So far I have heard nothing from Avactis.

The email that provides the URL for download is just not being sent. This should be so much simpler than it is.

I have another digital download shopping cart that costs $35, that works perfectly, but Avactis looked like it offered more. So far, that's not the case.

I contacted Support and am still waiting for a reply. If this isn't resolved soon, I'll just assume that Avactis will not work for us.

#13 Technology Ideas

Technology Ideas

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:53 PM

First, let me say that I really appreciate your help with this. So far I have heard nothing from Avactis.

The email that provides the URL for download is just not being sent. This should be so much simpler than it is.

I have another digital download shopping cart that costs $35, that works perfectly, but Avactis looked like it offered more. So far, that's not the case.

I contacted Support and am still waiting for a reply. If this isn't resolved soon, I'll just assume that Avactis will not work for us.

Can you do a test purchase yourself and see if you get them email? You can test by creating a Cash On Delivery payment, purchase the item and then change it to Fully Paid and the email gets sent immediately. As I've said, it's not an Avactis problem here. I can honestly tell you digital downloads work and send emails. Can your customer login and download from there?

How are you contacting Avactis to get help? Are you using their support page?

#14 Carrizo

Carrizo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:59 PM

Can you do a test purchase yourself and see if you get them email?

Since the PayPal test account is in my name, I can't test it myself, but my partner has been testing it and it doesn't work. This should work out of the box - it doesn't.

How are you contacting Avactis to get help? Are you using their support page?

I contact their "Support", but have not heard from them. If they cannot respond faster than they have in this case, I can only assume that they will not respond any faster once we go live. This is unacceptable and we cannot rely on this level of supporter for our enterprise. It's really okay, because their are many options out there that can handle the basics for us. Like I said, we're using a $35 product that handles digital downloads flawlessly, but we thought Avactis would offer a better option. Oh well.

Thanks for all your help.

#15 Brad Aldridge

Brad Aldridge

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 04:10 PM

I'm having the EXACT SAME PROBLEM. I'm on 1.8.3. What I was able to figure out, though, was that credit card orders would allow the e-good email to be sent, while PayPal orders wouldn't be sent. My PayPal orders are automatically being marked "fully paid" (just like the credit cards)..... but the PayPal orders only get the "new order" email, no link. Did anyone find solutions here? Or is this a 1.8.3 bug that gets plugged in the new version? b

#16 Technology Ideas

Technology Ideas

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 02:09 AM

I'm having the EXACT SAME PROBLEM.

I'm on 1.8.3.

What I was able to figure out, though, was that credit card orders would allow the e-good email to be sent, while PayPal orders wouldn't be sent.

My PayPal orders are automatically being marked "fully paid" (just like the credit cards)..... but the PayPal orders only get the "new order" email, no link.

Did anyone find solutions here? Or is this a 1.8.3 bug that gets plugged in the new version?

b

I have been able to test this problem this weekend, as we don't normally use PayPal Standard. But this does appear to be a bug testing v1.9.1.8356 - so no, not corrected in the newer version either.

You can get around the bug by going to the order that says Fully Paid, change it to Waiting, press Update and then change it back to Fully Paid and press Update again. That will then send the link to your customer.

Of course this is not how it should work, so has anyone above whose been complaining of the bug already notified Avactis? I don't want to do it again if you already have reported it.

If you have reported it, what is the response you have received?

I have been able to test this problem this weekend, as we don't normally use PayPal Standard. But this does appear to be a bug testing v1.9.1.8356 - so no, not corrected in the newer version either.

You can get around the bug by going to the order that says Fully Paid, change it to Waiting, press Update and then change it back to Fully Paid and press Update again. That will then send the link to your customer.

Of course this is not how it should work, so has anyone above whose been complaining of the bug already notified Avactis? I don't want to do it again if you already have reported it.

If you have reported it, what is the response you have received?

Further to this, you can also (to get around the bug) go into the Orders tab, and Product(s) Ordered click Link management and click "Unlock". That allows your customers to login to their account and download it.

#17 Brad Aldridge

Brad Aldridge

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 03:32 PM

What's interesting is that when a PayPal order comes in successfully it is coming in automatically being marked "fully paid." (Exactly like a credit card does). I ran a test. I made a .01 cent item and added it to my cart. Test 1: I ordered using PayPal. Everything was fine. Got a confirmation email, payment received. But no email with download link. Went to admin panel, the order was marked "fully paid." Opened up the order, checked the link: it's unlocked. Test 2: I ordered using Credit Card. Same thing.... except: I get the email with the download link. WTF? I do think it's silly if I have to go in and send out links daily---people expect digital downloads RIGHT NOW. b

#18 Technology Ideas

Technology Ideas

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 07:40 AM

As stated in my previous post, that's not how it's supposed to work and it would be silly to go and send out links daily.

As no one responded as to whether they'd contacted support over this issue, I have now done so and hope to get a response or fix.

UPDATE

As stated in my previous post, that's not how it's supposed to work and it would be silly to go and send out links daily.

As no one responded as to whether they'd contacted support over this issue, I have now done so and hope to get a response or fix.

Response from Support for everyone:

Fix for v.1.9.1.x:

Open the checkout_api.php file located in the avactis-system/modules/checkout directory and replace the following part of code:

'payment_status_id' => ((int)$order_total==0)?2:1, //If order was free, Fully Paid; otherwise Waiting

with this one:

'payment_status_id' => 1,

Older versions:
I've placed this for those on older versions to help lead you to the fix for your version if you can't / don't want to upgrade.

There was an issue relates to the fact that PayPal responses were determined as crawlers and the e-mail notifications were not sent. The problem was solved in Avactis version 1.9.1 (this was not correct, see above). The following part of code:

define("SUPPORT_MODE", true);

was replaced with this one:

modApiFunc("Session","set","SupportMode","ASC_S_STATISTICS"); //turn off statistics collection

in the avactis-system/modules/reports/report-collectors/report_data_visitors_stat_collector.php file.

#19 XDatas

XDatas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 01:27 AM

UPDATE

Fix for v.1.9.1.x:

Open the checkout_api.php file located in the avactis-system/modules/checkout directory and replace the following part of code:

'payment_status_id' => ((int)$order_total==0)?2:1, //If order was free, Fully Paid; otherwise Waiting

with this one:

Older versions:
I've placed this for those on older versions to help lead you to the fix for your version if you can't / don't want to upgrade.

There was an issue relates to the fact that PayPal responses were determined as crawlers and the e-mail notifications were not sent. The problem was solved in Avactis version 1.9.1 (this was not correct, see above). The following part of code:

modApiFunc("Session","set","SupportMode","ASC_S_STATISTICS"); //turn off statistics collection

in the avactis-system/modules/reports/report-collectors/report_data_visitors_stat_collector.php file.

edit it at line 6392 :rolleyes:

#20 mfive

mfive

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:11 PM

UPDATE

Fix for v.1.9.1.x:

with this one:

Older versions:

edit it at line 6392 :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, however, this modification breaks the functionality of setting $0.00 orders to "Fully Paid" and thus prevents them from getting the proper emails, and the orders from having the proper status.

For example: I have a cart setup. I have some 100% off promo codes. I have two CC modules.

When customers use the promo code, the CC modules don't automtically disappear. In fact, people still have to enter their CC information, which then spits back an error and doesn't let them check out.

The way around this is to use the COD module and hide the others when the order total is $0.00. The COD module is then renamed "No Payment Required". Now, with the above hack, when customers use COD (for no payment required on a 100% off promo code), the orders are set to "Waiting" and are never updated.

It's a shame this stuff isn't thought of at the foundational level. This cart is such a mess to work in... I can't even figure out how to make it update the status, yet I know exactly where the code lies in both files (checkout_api.php & payment_module_cod_api.php). Sadly, this will be one of the many reasons I move on to another cart. The support team is great if you can wait overnight (in North America), but when I can't edit the cart myself because of NO documentation, it just really leaves this cart software crippled.NO