7 replies to this topic

#1 athein

athein

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 07:16 PM

Does anyone know which page to edit to add the tracking code for the E-commerce using Google Analytics?

I have GA working successfully on my site, but GA indicates using the ecom code on the Receipt page of your cart.

What does Avactis consider the Receipt page?
This page from checkout -> step3-confirmation.tpl.html

<script type="text/javascript">
pageTracker._addTrans( "order-id", "affiliate","total","tax", "shipping","city","state","country" );
pageTracker._addItem( "order-id", "SKU", "product name", "product category", "unit price","quantity" );
pageTracker._trackTrans();
</script>

#2 athein

athein

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 08:06 PM

Are we all on xmas vacation :D
Anyone?

Does anyone know which page to edit to add the tracking code for the E-commerce using Google Analytics?

I have GA working successfully on my site, but GA indicates using the ecom code on the Receipt page of your cart.

What does Avactis consider the Receipt page?
This page from checkout -> step3-confirmation.tpl.html

pageTracker._addTrans( "order-id", "affiliate","total","tax", "shipping","city","state","country" );
pageTracker._addItem( "order-id", "SKU", "product name", "product category", "unit price","quantity" );
pageTracker._trackTrans();
</script>

#3 dvector

dvector

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 10:05 AM

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, I use this url in google-analytics:
checkout.php?asc_action=SetCurrStep&step_id=4

Its the page directed to after successful payment
"Success
Checkout Process Has Been Passed Successfully.
Order Id is 100xxx"

Don't put the google code in any avactis templates. Put it in the checkout.php

#4 Marco

Marco

Avactis Team Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 11:49 AM

Hi folks, take a look at this.

It's a complete GA E-commerce transaction tracking, effortless on your side.

Update to 1.8.2, don't mess with checkout now.

#5 athein

athein

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 05:00 PM

Okay... I put the code before Google ecommerce code before the closing body tag on checkout.php. Will report back if it works. I had it on the Success page in the templates folder and it captured the transaction but no data.

#6 athein

athein

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 11:05 AM

Well that didn't work! It captures that a transaction occurred but does not pass any other data.

pageTracker._addItem( "order-id", "SKU", "product name", "product category", "unit price","quantity" ); pageTracker._trackTrans();
</script>

Marco - i would love to upgrade. Awaiting the instructions on how to do so from 1.8.1. I have 1.8.2 installed and the templates in place. Having a problem getting the products from one db into the new one.

Okay... I put the code before Google ecommerce code before the closing body tag on checkout.php. Will report back if it works. I had it on the Success page in the templates folder and it captured the transaction but no data.

#7 athein

athein

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 08:28 PM

I love having this conversation w/myself. It's like having my own forum :D :P

Just reporting back that this is a resolved issue... i successfully added in GA to my cart. Redundant now that 1.8.2 is around.

Well that didn't work! It captures that a transaction occurred but does not pass any other data.

pageTracker._addItem( "order-id", "SKU", "product name", "product category", "unit price","quantity" ); pageTracker._trackTrans();
</script>

Marco - i would love to upgrade. Awaiting the instructions on how to do so from 1.8.1. I have 1.8.2 installed and the templates in place. Having a problem getting the products from one db into the new one.

#8 Marco

Marco

Avactis Team Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:04 AM

How to track transactions in 1.8.2:
  • Go to Marketing > Affiliates/Transactions Tracking, enable GA and save
  • (if not clean install) Insert the <?php TransactionTrackingHtmlCode(); ?> tag in avactis-templates/checkout/checkout-sequence/default/step4-success.tpl.html