• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Hikari Interactive

Hikari Interactive

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 05:10 PM

Hey all, I've been installing PaypalPro on a client's website and i've followed all the instructions and checked these forums for advice but I'm still getting the same problem on the final checkout page: 1. An error was returned by the Payment Gateway when attempting to process the payment in background mode. Please forward this message to the webmaster. CHECKOUT_ERR_005. 10002: Authentication/Authorization Failed I've checked the API certificate from Paypal and the Username and Password but it still does the error. Ive also set the payment settings to production but it hasn't solved it. If anyone can help as I'm tearing my hair out here! Cheers Ant Casey HikariInteractive.com www.hikariinteractive.com

#2 syndeo22

syndeo22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 06:39 PM

Hey Ant-

Having same problem........just as frustrated.........did you ever get it resolved? If so, please share.

Thanks, Cary Follis
cary@lollipopsandletters.com

================================

Hey all,

I've been installing PaypalPro on a client's website and i've followed all the instructions and checked these forums for advice but I'm still getting the same problem on the final checkout page:

1. An error was returned by the Payment Gateway when attempting to process the payment in background mode. Please forward this message to the webmaster. CHECKOUT_ERR_005.

10002: Authentication/Authorization Failed
I've checked the API certificate from Paypal and the Username and Password but it still does the error. Ive also set the payment settings to production but it hasn't solved it.

If anyone can help as I'm tearing my hair out here!

Cheers

Ant Casey
HikariInteractive.com
www.hikariinteractive.com

#3 Avactis Team

Avactis Team

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 02:46 PM

Hello, Please contact Avactis support. We will check what is wrong. Best Regards, Steve Irwin Avactis Shopping Cart Team

#4 syndeo22

syndeo22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 04:03 PM

My support period ran out before I could get my website up and running. I don't know how to contact you and can't afford to put any more money into this - how do I get help?

Here was the full error message. It came during last stage of checkout:

"1. An error was returned by the Payment Gateway when attempting to process the payment in background mode. Please forward this message to the webmaster. CHECKOUT_ERR_005."

Thanks!

Hello,

Please contact Avactis support. We will check what is wrong.

Best Regards,
Steve Irwin
Avactis Shopping Cart Team

#5 Alex Girin

Alex Girin

Avactis Support Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 07:17 AM

Hi syndeo22,

What payment method do you use? If it is PayPal Pro and you get the error "10002: Authentication/Authorization Failed", then according to PayPal's documentation there are several possible reasons:
1. You entered the wrong API Username and/or API Password on the page: Admin Area >> Store Settings >> Payment Methods >> PayPal Pro Settings (check if there are no spaces in these fields);
2. The API Certificate is damaged. Try to upload it using another browser;
3. You do not have permissions to make this API call;
4. Account is locked or inactive;
5. Account is not verified;
6. API access is disabled for this account;
7. Client certificate is disabled;
8. Other reasons.

If you experience this problem then please contact Avactis support and give us the FTP access to your server. We will check your issue.

Best Regards,
Alex Girin

#6 syndeo22

syndeo22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 09:41 AM

Alex -

Thanks for the suggestion. I use Authorize.net instead of Paypal and this is the error I get:

"1. An error was returned by the Payment Gateway when attempting to process the payment in background mode. Please forward this message to the webmaster. CHECKOUT_ERR_005."

Thanks!

Hi syndeo22,

What payment method do you use? If it is PayPal Pro and you get the error "10002: Authentication/Authorization Failed", then according to PayPal's documentation there are several possible reasons:
1. You entered the wrong API Username and/or API Password on the page: Admin Area >> Store Settings >> Payment Methods >> PayPal Pro Settings (check if there are no spaces in these fields);
2. The API Certificate is damaged. Try to upload it using another browser;
3. You do not have permissions to make this API call;
4. Account is locked or inactive;
5. Account is not verified;
6. API access is disabled for this account;
7. Client certificate is disabled;
8. Other reasons.

If you experience this problem then please contact Avactis support and give us the FTP access to your server. We will check your issue.

Best Regards,
Alex Girin

#7 Avactis Team

Avactis Team

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 10:50 AM

Hello, Please provide screenshot of this Error page. Best Regards, Steve Irwin Avactis Shopping Cart Team

#8 okie

okie

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:43 PM

this original post appears to be from a while back, but i am getting the same errors on a clients site:

An error was returned by the Payment Gateway when attempting to process the payment in background mode. Please forward this message to the webmaster. CHECKOUT_ERR_005.

the odd thing is this issue seems to be sporadic - as some orders go through and some do not.

the client is using paypal pro - and using Avactis 2.0.0

apparently after a user checks out, its like the page gets stuck and just spins....for maybe 5 minutes or more (sometimes infinitely)...and then returns the error above.

It is inconsistent w/browsers - as the issue seems to include IE, Safari, Firefox......so its not pinpointed to one particular browser/version.

I have checked all of the things that Alex suggested...API certificate....etc...........and as i said, some orders go through, and some do not.....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!
Angela
http://www.oklahomawebdesign.com

#9 DonH

DonH

Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:31 AM

I have the same sporadic problem with PayPal standard. So far, the customers also have some difficulty with accessing their PayPal account when they go directly to PayPal. I want to try to see if there is a difference between when the customer uses a credit card through PayPal or their PayPal account balance.

#10 Tom Parker

Tom Parker

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:32 AM

this original post appears to be from a while back, but i am getting the same errors on a clients site:

An error was returned by the Payment Gateway when attempting to process the payment in background mode. Please forward this message to the webmaster. CHECKOUT_ERR_005.

the odd thing is this issue seems to be sporadic - as some orders go through and some do not.

the client is using paypal pro - and using Avactis 2.0.0

apparently after a user checks out, its like the page gets stuck and just spins....for maybe 5 minutes or more (sometimes infinitely)...and then returns the error above.

It is inconsistent w/browsers - as the issue seems to include IE, Safari, Firefox......so its not pinpointed to one particular browser/version.

I have checked all of the things that Alex suggested...API certificate....etc...........and as i said, some orders go through, and some do not.....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!
Angela
http://www.oklahomawebdesign.com

I'm no expert by any means on the PayPal payment module, but through trying to resolve some PayPal Pro issues myself, I do have one observation that may help shed a little light on the subject.

The error code CHECKOUT_ERR_005 appears to be "catch all" Avactis error code for any errors returned from PayPal in the final part of the transaction. It appears that PayPal may return an error code, error short message or error long message. If any of these things exist, then the PayPal module gets set to display what you are seeing.

This would explain why some orders go through and some don't. The ones that don't are returning some sort of error code/message, you just don't know what it is. Perhaps it's in your system logs?