Photo

Who do you host your Avactis shopping cart with?

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 princessracer

princessracer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 01:40 AM

What do you guys think of www.gate.com? Stephanie

#42 mikemar921

mikemar921

Hey, Look - I can change this now!!! :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 12:44 PM

It appears to look good. Just make sure to check this page: Server Requirements. In the hosting plans, it looks like a dedicated IP address and secure certificates (which some payment methods require) are listed as optional.

Also, when looking at the Server Requirements page, some PHP settings are listed. It is very important to make sure that your hosting company has these settings on all user accounts, or allows users to modify PHP settings.

The only thing that really looks concerning is that there is unlimited bandwidth for any type of account.

Good luck!

#43 Goodstuff

Goodstuff

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 05:33 PM

I would recommend using Hostgator

Hi Chris,

Do you have a site that is using Avactis and running on Hostgator I could review?

#44 LX24

LX24

Avactis Partner Integrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 06:03 AM

Hi, this site is on hostgator: http://ski-n-stuff.com
(this is a live site so no fake orders please)

Also...

I'm working on a avactis 1.8.2 demo site for testing only (playground for 1.8.2 features) its a work in progress which i do in my spare time so some pages are the old flower store. but feel free to comment, test etc.

DEMO STORE
(Graphics by Avactis)

This site is a more css based site - see this page for plain text mode: TEXT MODE
chris willcox
LX24 Design & Integration
web: www.lx24.co.uk
email: info@lx24.co.uk

IPB Image

#45 Ski-N-Stuff

Ski-N-Stuff

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 02:22 PM

Hi, this site is on hostgator: http://ski-n-stuff.com
(this is a live site so no fake orders please)

Also...

I'm working on a avactis 1.8.2 demo site for testing only (playground for 1.8.2 features) its a work in progress which i do in my spare time so some pages are the old flower store. but feel free to comment, test etc.

DEMO STORE
(Graphics by Avactis)

This site is a more css based site - see this page for plain text mode: TEXT MODE

HOST GATOR IS AN AWESOME HOSTING, THEY ARE ALWAYS THERE AND THEY HAVE LIVE 24/7 TECH SUPPORT. A++

#46 Carrie

Carrie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 03:14 PM

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I use Host Gator. They have been wonderful. They also have phone support and live chat, both of which you can receive assistance within a few minutes. Give 'em a try! I have been with them since about April '09. Their cPanel is very user friendly, as is their webmail. I haven't really had a chance or the need to use anything else that comes with a hosting package, but there is a ton of stuff to be checked out and used there.

#47 Oleg

Oleg

Avactis Team Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 04:41 AM

Good news, Avactis and A2 hosting become partners: http://www.a2hosting...vactis-hosting/

#48 Goodstuff

Goodstuff

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 04:53 AM

Good news, Avactis and A2 hosting become partners: http://www.a2hosting...vactis-hosting/

Do you have any reviews of your hosting service?

#49 Oleg

Oleg

Avactis Team Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:18 AM

Do you have any reviews of your hosting service?

We have the reviews of Avactis itself http://www.avactis.c...estimonials.php

As for our hosting service I know that we have several Web studios which host _all_ their clients with us.

We are open to any reviews of our hosting services.

#50 Goodstuff

Goodstuff

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 03:29 AM

Im in a world of pain at the moment, have two sites on aplus.net which are down and have had issues earlier this year two, I originally choose aplus.net as they use to be recommended on the avactis hosting page but now I see they are no longer there : http://www.avactis.c...ng_partners.php

Is it safe to go with the recommended suggestions now? I am sure companies change and since aplus.net is no longer listed there must of been a reason, maybe I will go with Host Gator as they seem to be a big company and a few people here recommended them too.

Hopefully can transfer the site from one to the other without issues, is this a service Avactis can do?

#51 Oleg

Oleg

Avactis Team Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 04:37 AM

Im in a world of pain at the moment, have two sites on aplus.net which are down and have had issues earlier this year two, I originally choose aplus.net as they use to be recommended on the avactis hosting page but now I see they are no longer there : http://www.avactis.c...ng_partners.php

Is it safe to go with the recommended suggestions now? I am sure companies change and since aplus.net is no longer listed there must of been a reason, maybe I will go with Host Gator as they seem to be a big company and a few people here recommended them too.

Hopefully can transfer the site from one to the other without issues, is this a service Avactis can do?

Yes we offer transfers as well, please contact our support.
As far as I know Aplus offers only dedicated servers? What issues you have with it?

As for Hosting Partners page, we check/test carefully every partner in the list several times in a year.

#52 Goodstuff

Goodstuff

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 09:27 AM

It was timely that Don wrote that Rochen DOES NOT OVERSELL.

I signed up for a reseller at Rochen and now have moved 5 carts there. It is to soon to tell how they will perform on that server since several of them have yet to resolve.

Hi Linda, how are your sites going with Rochen? Im looking at moving again and need to find a stable solution.

Yes we offer transfers as well, please contact our support.
As far as I know Aplus offers only dedicated servers? What issues you have with it?

As for Hosting Partners page, we check/test carefully every partner in the list several times in a year.

Thanks for your message, good to hear that you do transfers, with the transfer do you do it from one account to say Gatorgost or only to an Avactis hosting account?

#53 Oleg

Oleg

Avactis Team Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:04 AM

Our support can help you with transfer. As for Avactis hosting, transfer to our hosting is free service.

#54 royalina

royalina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 09:03 PM

I will be setting up my first Avactis storefront in the next few weeks. I will notify you when it is completed and how it runs.

#55 Goodstuff

Goodstuff

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:59 PM

Looks like I am going to give hostgator a try and fingers crossed that it will run well with the avactis 2.1 release as my old host is choking with the new upgrade, the site just runs way to slow for anybody to use it.

#56 ava2011

ava2011

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:04 AM

Looks like I am going to give hostgator a try and fingers crossed that it will run well with the avactis 2.1 release as my old host is choking with the new upgrade, the site just runs way to slow for anybody to use it.

I'm with on hostgator with Avactis 2.1 and it's very slow.
I'm using their shared servers, all their web hosting plans are on shared servers.
I don't know if it's better with their dedicated servers.

#57 jannypan

jannypan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:04 AM

I run a small web hosting company that offers affordable hosting plans.Tera Gold

#58 phil4v19

phil4v19

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 04:35 PM

I have to find a new web host due to the fact that the package I was on does not match the requirements to run avactis (after days of running around in circles), any good recommendations?

I've just moved from hostmonster to Inmotion Business hosting and the speed seems twice as fast on my site. The customer support is the best I have ever experienced so far. Instant response via live chat (within secs) and help above and beyond what I expected. There was a problem with my site after transfer due to the a caching problem on the avactis software.

It would have probably taken avactis 24hrs to get round to it but inmotion fixed it in 5 mins and it wasnt their job to fix it.

I'm very impressed with inmotion so far.

its $5.95 a month and the link is below

http://www.inmotionh...stingplans.html

I hope this is of help to someone,
Phil

#59 ghiebert

ghiebert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:47 PM

Siteground.com is specifically oriented to ecommerce. They list Avactis in their supported programs. Prices are good.

#60 mido

mido

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:26 AM

Siteground.com is specifically oriented to ecommerce. They list Avactis in their supported programs. Prices are good.

for me, prices is high.