• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BenR

BenR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:00 PM

Hi all, I have successfully managed to customize the product-list layouts for different product types. What I want to do now is to also change the layout for the Options for a certain product type. I found the product Options template files here: avactis-themes/system/product-options/options-form/default but there is no config.ini file which is normally used to point certain product types to certain templates (as in other pages like product-info, product-list, etc.). It's possible to change the layout in the templates contained here but then the changes will apply to all products while I would like to be able to customize them for a certain product type only. Has anyone ever attempted this? Thanks, BenR

#2 jenny

jenny

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:38 PM

Hi all,

I have successfully managed to customize the product-list layouts for different product types. What I want to do now is to also change the layout for the Options for a certain product type.

I found the product Options template files here: avactis-themes/system/product-options/options-form/default but there is no config.ini file which is normally used to point certain product types to certain templates (as in other pages like product-info, product-list, etc.). It's possible to change the layout in the templates contained here but then the changes will apply to all products while I would like to be able to customize them for a certain product type only.

Has anyone ever attempted this?

Thanks,

BenR

I'm not 100% sure it will work, but you might be able to use Product Sets to accomplish this. It has been a long time since I setup product sets, so I can not give you very good directions, but you might have some luck if you do a search on product sets or maybe look to see if they have any info in the manual.

#3 BenR

BenR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:09 PM

I'm not 100% sure it will work, but you might be able to use Product Sets to accomplish this. It has been a long time since I setup product sets, so I can not give you very good directions, but you might have some luck if you do a search on product sets or maybe look to see if they have any info in the manual.

Jenny,

Thank you for pointing me to this feature. I cannot find any documentation on it but did find this thread: http://www.avactis.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4315

I followed the directions contained there but did not manage to get things to work like described. This topic is from 2009 though and I'm wondering if things still work this way in the current version of Avactis.

Has anyone tried this with the recent releases or can anyone from Avactis chime in and let me know if this still works.

Thanks,

BenR

#4 jenny

jenny

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:42 PM

BenR, it has been a VERY long time since I have setup product sets. But as luck would have it, I think I will need to try to do so today. If I get it going properly I will post back. I am sorry for the late reply, but I must have missed the email telling me you replied.

#5 zorgster

zorgster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:58 PM

Hi I am also trying to create two sets of Product pages. I have created a new page called product-list2.php with a product-list2.php.yml so I can edit this in Page Manager.. We can use NavigationBarCustom(482, false, 'select_category_path', 'EXPAND_TREE_NODES'); to set a root category in Navigation, where 482 is the root category in my case... and ProductList(482) in the ProductList on the same page... but I notice several things 1. Click on a product brings up product-info.php which does not have the same root category set. How can I point this towards, say, product-info2.php? 2. Breadcrumbs... how can I remove 'Home' from Breadcrumbs? I want to start the breadcrumbs from the second category... or at least be able to choose the root cid of the breadcrumbs. I haven't been able to dig into CProductInfo or CCategoryInfo etc to figure out how they are created... 3. Then how to add a drop down menu on the Home page to choose one or the other Product page... or a third or fourth product page... ? Can this be done with Product Sets? I'm giving it a go, but I don't see it working .. Thanks Oliver

#6 DonH

DonH

Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:52 PM

I took the path of least resistance. I kept the basic category tree structure with Home being the top. In your case, you would have your 2 categories and withing those two would be any sub-categories. I guess those would technically be sub-sub-categories, but you get the idea. To have different layouts you have to use product types. Then In product-list/default/product-list-config.ini and product-info/default/product-info-config.ini, you add Template-ProductTyple{yourTypeNumber} = Newproduct-info.tpl.html and/or Template-ProductTyple{yourTypeNumber} = Newprocut-list-item.tpl.html. If you have only two categories, those are what will show on your index page. Click on one of the categories and it will expand to show the subcategories. I think that this should at least get you pointed in a direction where you can get started.